Last update: 30th May, 2018
Thanks for visiting our website, or for using one of our services which requires you to provide us with your Personal Information (as defined below). We want to make sure you feel reassured about what happens when you browse our website or give us any of your information.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act (the “Act”), the Data Controller of our Services for both UK and Irish customers is Pasta Cibo. Data Controller is just a legal term that means we have responsibilities in respect of your Personal Information under the Act.
All information will be held and used in accordance with the Act. If you want to read more about the Act, you can do so here:
United Kingdom: ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/
When you visit our Service (in a restaurant, on a mobile device, tablet or desktop), you may provide us with information personal to you including for example your name, your address, your postcode, your email address, your mobile phone number and your date of birth, whether you are a student, and the other information outlined below (your “Personal Information”). You may provide additional Personal Information if you wish.
You may provide us with Personal Information in a number of ways:
1) by ordering a takeaway using our online ordering service or by using our App. When you place a takeaway order online we may collect information such as what items you’ve browsed, your favourite orders, if you’ve applied any dietary filters and if you have selected one of our restaurants as a favourite.
2) by inputting your payment details – but only in order to complete a transaction.
3) by allowing us to collect your physical geolocation through our App (if you have enabled Location Services and agreed to allow Pasta Cibo to send you Push messages).
4) by registering to use our Delivery or in-restaurant WiFi services.
5) by signing up for promotions or competitions.
6) by corresponding with our Customer Experience team by email, live chat, in writing, on social media or telephone, in which case we may retain the content of your emails, letters or conversations together with your title, name, email address, the social media username that you’re using, telephone number and our responses.
We also collect information about your device, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, the geographical location of your device, how you use our Service, and the date and length of your visit. This information is collected automatically. This information is aggregated and it does not identify you as an individual. We do this to help improve your experience on our Service.
We use your personal information for the purposes of:
1) contacting you with information about Pasta Cibo products, services, news and special offers, if you’ve given your consent when you registered with us;
2) making sure you get the best experience from our Service – depending on what computer or device that you’re using;
3) if you’re using the App (and you have given us permission to do so by enabling this on your device), sending you ‘Push’ notifications containing information about our products and services and to provide you with information in the App;
4) notifying you about changes or updates to any of our Services;
5) carrying out market research and product development;
6) meeting legal, regulatory and compliance requirements;
7) investigating any complaints about the Service; or
8) investigating any safety or security incidents or breaches.
We only share information with companies that we use to help us better understand and serve you. We never sell or give your Personal Information away to anybody.
We may share your Personal Information with:
Pasta Cibo entities:
We’ll share your “Personal Information” with people or departments within Pasta Cibo but only if they have a need to access it.
We engage third party payment processors to process the payment of your online order. These third party processors may store your payment card details, if you want them to, to speed up your transaction time. If you do not want to take advantage of this, please do not select this function.
We may also share Personal Information with third parties for marketing, advertising and strategic development purposes to help us understand customer trends and patterns and to make sure that Pasta Cibo is talking to you about the most relevant things. We have Agreements in place that define what third parties can and cannot do with your Personal Information. We also conduct periodic reviews of third parties to ensure compliance. However we will only send marketing to you where you have previously consented to receiving marketing materials from us.
We may also share such details with auditors or legal professionals to obtain professional advice. If we do this, your statutory data protection rights will be preserved.
You should be aware that if we’re requested by the police, a regulatory or government authority in the investigation of suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information, then we are entitled do so.
Occasionally, we’ll ask to share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes. We’ll only do this when we have your explicit consent to do so (for example, when you enter a competition we’ll ask for your consent). If you don’t give your consent, it won’t prejudice your chances in any competitions.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take steps to protect your information, we can’t guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Service; any transmission is at your own risk. We have implemented reasonable technical and organisational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. We’ll continue to maintain and improve these security measures in line with legal and technological developments.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
The Act gives you the right to access your Personal Information that we hold. To protect your privacy and security, we’ll take reasonable steps to verify your identity before we carry out your request. We will not ordinarily charge a fee for access to your Personal Information but we are entitled to charge a reasonable fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information to you if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You also have the right to ask us to update or amend any information that is wrong, ask us to stop sending you marketing information or even to ask us to delete your account and the associated Personal Information.
If you have any questions about what we do with your Personal Information, ask us to make any changes to your account or to make a complaint please contact us.
We won’t keep your Personal Information for longer than is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or than is required by law.
Our Services are not intended for children and are therefore only to be used by anyone aged 14 or over and those under the age of 16 should have their parents or guardians’ permission. We encourage the supervision of children’s online activities. For example, parental control tools which are available online to help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing their name, address, and other Personal Information online without parental permission. Your child’s privacy is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding children’s Personal Information collected online. Users of our Service may participate in many activities without providing any Personal Information. However, if you’d like to participate in certain interactive features on our Service, we’ll ask you to provide us with certain information, such as your email address and age. Pasta Cibo will not send any marketing communications to anyone who has disclosed that they are aged under 16.